Saturday, February 28, 2009

Oh, how things change...

I started writing this post about how I realized the differences in my class taking habits between undergrad and grad school, but it started sounding real lame. Here's a recap:

Undergrad: Get A or B while skipping as much class as possible and never starting assignments early.

Grad: Actually learn what's being taught.

I was writing a bunch of stuff up on this when I realized that while I am trying to learn more rather than just pass these days, my classsroom work ethic hasn't improved too much. I still usually start homework the night before it's due, and if I have an afternoon test, I'll usually start studying that morning. There are exceptions. When I'm in a very time consuming class (where we get 2 weeks to complete an assignment), I'll actually start the homework 2 days before it's due. I guess that's a big improvement...

No comments: