Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Now to the sports

It's been a pretty awesome week in terms of the teams I root for. First off, the White Sox have been playing decently well, at least they've been winning games and are in first place. Carlos Quentin is the best thing since sliced bread. Too bad Paul Konerko is tanking horribly, and I still love Swisher's attitude even though he's struggling at the plate too. Final White Sox thought is, does anyone else get heartburn watching Bobby Jenks throw? I mean, the guy is great (14/16) but he ALWAYS lets runners on and then has to work out of the jam with K's or popups. Where's my Tums?

Bulls: Besides the Noah crap, the Bulls are still looking good with the #1 pick. Hopefully they don't trade it.

Illini: So I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who never turned on Bruce Weber. For real, you can ask my dad. I've been sticking up for him the last 2 years, telling people that his recruiting will get back on track and he'll be more than fine. So now all the bandwagon jumpers can EAT IT, because ESPN.com just ranked his 2009 class as #2! Go Bruce!

NASCAR: Yes, I'm slightly redneck. And yes, I like Dale Jr. See my first ever post for my defense on that. Anyway, by the slight chance anyone reading this watched the race last Sunday, Jr. was leading the race, looking like he'd win it when he cut a tire and rode the wall for about half a lap. Thanks to some awesome pit work and last minute top-off he cruised from about 21st to 5th as others either crashed out or had to pit for fuel. He's still sitting pretty 3rd in points. Awesome.

P.S. My wife just confirmed to me that I literally said "Bruce will be fine, just look at his 2009 class." Oh yeah, the class they just ranked second in the nation. Granted, the standings will shift, but hey, (I'd say "Bruce is back" here, but I know that he never left).

No comments: