Sunday, June 1, 2008

Heroes in a Half-Shell

So what do you watch when presented with handfuls of movies on TV, many of them very good? Well let me tell you...

If you were a kid in the late '80s - early '90s, watched the cartoon all the time, even bought the cartoon movies, saw the actual movies (the first two anyway) in theaters, had 4 cases full of pristine action figures, Donatello's blimp, the sewer, the Technodome, the sewer boat, etc., this is what you would watch:

Of course I'm talking about the double feature of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on ABC Family! Obviously they weren't the best movies I had to choose from, but man was I sucked into them. I don't think I've seen them for about 10 years or more. Wait, let me clarify that I'm only talking about the first two, the original and "the secret of the ooze." The third one was kind of crappy and I did not go to see that in theaters. Anyway, it was amazing; I forgot how great they really were.

This reminds me that I need to find all of those Ninja Turtle toys from my parents' house. Too bad I gave the blimp away.

No comments: