Saturday, June 7, 2008

Crashing the top 10

I just thought I would mark this day in history as the day the White Sox crashed the top 10 plays on SportsCenter tonight:

Top play #8: Orlando Cabrera charges in hard and makes a bare-hand play to first.
Top play #7: Paul Konerko makes a jumping/diving catch of a line-drive down the line.
Top play #2: Jermaine Dye makes a diving catch near the line to end the game. Sox win.

I don't think I've ever seen one of my teams get 3 plays on the list in one night. Awesome. They also hit 4 homers tonight. I think they did that a couple of games ago too.

Side note: The Sox have won 4 in a row (granted, 3 against the Royals) since Ozzie's last antics. Personally, I think it was over-hyped, but hey, I guess it worked if he did it on purpose.

No comments: